After practicing law for a decade, Deborah joined the Law Society of Ontario’s Department of Education where she designed courses and licensing examinations for the Bar Admission Course. She then joined a national law firm where she was a partner and responsible for the professional development and management of its lawyers.
In 2018, Deborah began her current career as a consultant to law firms and businesses.
In 2020, Deborah co-designed a graduate diploma for lawyers in Legal Services Management for Queen’s Law School.
Deborah’s professional qualifications include a diploma in Adult Education from St. Francis Xavier University, two Harvard Law School Mediation Certificates, a Certificate in Solution Focused Counselling from the University of Toronto, a yellow belt in Legal Lean Sigma, a certificate from Harvard Business School in “Teaching with Cases Online”. In 2021, Deborah became a certified culture coach with the Waterstone Culture Institute. Deborah is an Accredited Provider of Professionalism Content (Law Society of Ontario).
- Coach, Law Society of Ontario’s CAN (Coach and Advisor Network). Deborah has been selected by CAN to serve as a management coach for law firms.
- Project Abraham board member. Project Abraham is a non-profit organization committed to assisting Yezidi refugees resettle in Canada.
- Dispute Resolution Officer, Superior Court of Ontario
- Member, Law Society’s Dispute Resolution Design Team
- Member, Law Society’s Justicia Committee
- Difficult Conversations
- Mastering Virtual Meetings: Best Practices
- The Virtual Mentor: Recalibrate and Reconnect
- Demonstrating Excellence in a Hybrid Environment
- Navigating New Working Arrangements
- Constructive Workplace Conversations: Embrace the Uncomfortable
- Being a Better Boss and Managing Your Team
- Return to Office Roundtable
- Legal Workforces in Transition
- Tips for Effective and Responsible Delegation